Hello friends! I am here for my first post (not including the introduction)! I want to share with you guys about some of my experiences with blogging and some helpful blogging tips. So I’ve kinda already made a post about some of these tips on my personal blog but I wanted to share it with you guys and maybe share even more! So yeah, lets get to it!
First I want to share with you guys what I believe are the 5 most important tips I’ve learned throughout my blogging experience. 😀
The top 5 tips:
- Introduction: So like I did yesterday for this blog I think it is important to introduce yourself. Let people know who the blogger is. Make a post or even have a page about yourself. I don’t know about you but I always want to learn who the blogger is and what they are like before I follow or even start reading their blog. So tell people your name, tell them what you like to do, tell them a few things that people should know when they meet you. This is one of the very most important tips. I learned this the hard way. I didn’t really introduce myself until like almost a year after I started blogging. And let me tell you as soon as I did introduce myself the stats went sky high, they were way higher than before. So yeah if you are just starting or you have been blogging for a while but have still not introduced yourself I would advise you to do so. 😀
- Learn how to use your blog editor or any of the tools on it: This is a big thing! Yeah, I didn’t even know how to make a new page until like a year 9 months of blogging! XD So yeah you could imagine why my blog didn’t do so great the first year. Anyway yeah just ask me or other fellow bloggers if you want to learn about how to use the editor on your blogging software. I know all the cool widgets and stuff is kinda confusing but just ask other people about it and you’ll figure it out in a jiffy! 😉
- Blogging buddies: Blogging buddies are super epic for helping you with everything. In fact I think this is more important than #2 because if you have blogging buddies you can learn how to use all the confusing thingamabobbers on your site. 🙂 It helps when you have fellow bloggers you know in real life (that helped me a bunch). If you don’t have fellow bloggers you know in real life make some new ones online. Make some blogging buddies! It took me a while to make blogging buddies but really I say just find a blog that interests you and show interest! If you comment and show interest in someones blog they might do the same, soon enough you’ll have a blogging buddy! 😀 I really love how The Bloggers Project has a team of blogging buddies to all help each other! Blogging buddies can help with advertisement, they can help with learning about your blogging software (as I explained earlier), and they can help you with awards or fun collabs or tons of other cool things you wanna do on your blog! Blogging buddies are so helpful for a blog! 😀
- Good graphics: So this is super important! Lots of people judge a blog by it’s cover XD. If you don’t have good graphics people will think of your blog as unprofessional or like immature or something and they won’t really like it. If I see a blog that is designed really well then it makes me feel a whole lot better because I know if I commit to it then it will give good professional content. Now you may be wondering how to get good graphics. Well you can do the graphics yourself or ask someone else to do it for you. If you want to do it yourself I recommend using Canva, it’s free and very reliable. You can even use paint or 3d paint on a windows PC and upload it to Canva to do other cool things with it. There are a few other websites you can use for graphics, I mostly just use Canva. If you want someone else to design your blog or make graphics for you then I can do it for free, I used to have a graphics business but it wasn’t going well so now I just do it for free. Also I know there are many other bloggers that do it for free, I know Mary Elizabeth who is also an author on this blog does it for free. There are a few bloggers with graphics businesses too, I know Ariana Evans who used to blog on here has a graphics designing business if you want to support her while also getting your blog designed that would be a great move. So yeah there are many ways to get graphic designing done for your blog. 😀
- Keep your content with it’s theme: Yeah this is pretty important! If you have a blog about puppies and then you make a post about hiking or a concert then people might not like it. You need to make sure at the beginning that this is what you want to blog about because well it can get kinda hard to blog about one thing every week. So if there is more than one thing that you wanna blog about then just make your blog about both or just make it an everything blog! So I struggled with this some and if you follow my blog you might know this. I had to change my blog from a genealogy blog to an everything blog. I didn’t know what to make all my posts about because it’s hard to do lots of genealogy posts without not knowing what to say next. So I made it an everything blog so that way I could blog about my other interests too and I wouldn’t have to think up a genealogy post to make every week. So yeah just stick to your blogs theme. And more importantly make sure you are 100% happy with it’s theme in the beginning.
So I think that is the best blogging advise I have for you guys. That about wraps up what I wanted to say so please use these tips to your advantage! I will see ya in the next post! Bye! -Ezra